June 3rd – Night of Inspiration
June 4th – Ballet-“Personal Stories of Triumph”
What is the schedule of events for June 3rd – “Night of Inspiration”?
- Moving entertainment featuring singers, violinists and other carefully chosen selections.
- Lively and Energetic Beer Garden, Peaceful Water Garden
- Courtyard entertainment
- Starr Catering Events Food Stations, Local Dessert Connoisseurs such as Starbucks Coffee Company, Arctic Ice Cream, Coco Beau Featuring David Bradley's Chocolates, Cairo Cakes, Ruth’s Chris Desserts, and The Cake Box just to name a few.
- VIP Painting Experience with Tony LaSalle
- Sneak Preview of Roxey Ballet “Personal Stories of Triumph”
- And much, much more
What is the schedule of events for June 4th - “Personal Stories of Triumph”?
Two performances of the inspirational ballet produced and directed by Mark Roxey – 22 breast cancer survivors showcasing their “Personal Stories of Triumph”. Twelve healing gardens will be available for our guests. They include:
- Poetry Garden- mix of poets from the area
- Music Garden- mix of various musicians/instruments
- Reiki – Stretch and relax
- Healing Flower Garden- Giant Man Made Flowers to WISH or MEMORIALIZE a loved one.
- Painting Garden-12x16 stretched canvas that guests can paint (inspired by music from music garden) and take home at the end of the event. Can accommodate 10 guests at a time.
- Printmaking Garden- can accommodate 10 guests at a time to demonstrate how to create prints. Contest selecting 8 for use to make note cards and sell at next year’s event as well as in our gift shop
- Oils/Healing Hands Garden- showcase of multiple pure essential oils that promote healing immediately. Samples provided to guests as well as 2 minute hand or neck massage with selected oil.
- Reflection Garden - mirrors and scroll- not about what you see on outside but rather and internal reflection. Put your thoughts via calligraphy on scroll to be displayed in the Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey Hamilton.
- Bad Hair Day- humorous and light hearted living garden, after all, we all have a bad hair day once in a while.
- Employee Garden – stroll through the labyrinth and reflect
- Fashion Garden- dress maker/artist creations and garden models. Final details not available as they are in progress.
- Join a local botanist and learn the healing effects of water plants and lilies at the GFS pond.
Additionally, two featured artists showing outside of the West Gallery- both breast cancer survivors. They will be present to discuss their journey and their work/inspirations. A special video will be showing of Edie, her journey to peace through nature.
And much, much more!
Will there be food and beverage on June 4th?
Yes, light refreshments and drinks.
Will there be any dietary specific menu options?
For both June 3rd and June 4th, there will be food options that are Halal as well as vegetarian choices available.
Is parking free?
Yes, for both days.
Will there be valet parking?
Right now, there will not be valet parking. However, if our sales exceed 600 tickets sold, for Saturday June 3rd, valet parking will be available as we will have use of parking lots across the street from the Grounds for Sculpture. June 4th event has limited seating and there is more than adequate parking in front of the building.
Will I be able to purchase tickets at the door?
Unfortunately, due to the unique nature of this event, tickets will only be available for purchase prior to the event date.
Are there a limited number of tickets available for the June 4th ballet?
Yes, there are only 175 tickets PER show available. Show times are 2:30 PM and 4:30 PM. You can secure your tickets today by clicking here or calling 609-249-7527.
What will happen if it rains?
Rain or shine, we are prepared to offer you and your guests a fantastic time! There is No Rain Date for this event.
Will I need cash for anything during the event?
All food and beverage costs are covered in your ticket price. Unique and talented artists will be on site offering their creations for purchase with part of their proceeds being donated to the RWJ Hamilton Foundation which will go towards our goal to raise funds to enhance the comprehensive cancer program.
Do I need special tickets to the ballet preview on June 3rd?
No, this is included in the ticket cost for the June 3rd event, Night of Inspiration.
Will I be able to take my healing flower home after the event?
No. However, you will be able to take your wish/memory leaf home post-June 4th event at 6 PM, pick it up in the Foundation Office at RWJ Hamilton Hospital.
What is the dress code?
Garden Attire. This means you should “dress to impress,” but consider the environment when you select your outfit. Female guests could wear summer dresses and comfortable heels or flats when walking the gardens. Male guests can opt for light colored linen and/or business casual. This event is NOT black tie and we do not encourage men to wear tuxes, suits or ties.
Will we have access to roam the grounds or will we be contained to one area?
Everyone who has a ticket to June 3rd and/or June 4th will have full access to the Grounds for Sculpture on the date they have purchased a ticket for.
Will Rat’s be open for service?
Business hours as usual. Food and drink consumed at Rat’s is NOT included in ticket pricing.
Will GFS gardens be open to the public on June 3rd and June 4th?
Yes. There is space reserved for our event and all guests of our event will have color coded wristbands to identify them from the general public visitors.
How will sponsors obtain their season tickets to GFS and the Roxey Ballet?
Season tickets for both the Grounds for Sculpture and the Roxey Ballet can be picked up at the RWJ Hamilton Foundation Office 10 days after the event. If you would like to request the tickets be mailed to your home or office, please contact Jessica at 609-249-7527.